This episode we welcome Michael Pilhofer of MSP Fitness back to the podcast. Last time we talked about Crossfit, and this time we tackled the behemoth of a topic; NUTRITION! Michael has been a personal trainer for 6 years, and if you listened the last time he joined the good guys, you know he’s a sponge for all sorts of information as he developed his own wellness philosophy.
With such a hefty topic, we took a high level approach and left you with some nuggets that should inspire you to dig a little deeper. Nuggets include but aren’t limited to:
– The audio fader-board metaphor for adjusting macro-nutrients (my favorite)
– Intro to gluten
– Is Calories in – Calories out a legit philosophy or is there more to it?
– Why it’s so hard to change dietary habits
– Intro to the popular “Crossfit” diets; Paleo and Zone
– Food journaling (shudder)
If you’re interested in diving in a little deeper into some of the topics we discussed, check out these links:
Info on Zone diet: